Tuesday 18 September 2012

Eating in bed makes you fat!

Eating in bed makes you fat!





A recent survey (conducted by Hotels.com) states that on an average, 25% Indians eat their food in the bed, which is almost 10% higher than the global average.
Doctor Shahid Barmare, General Physician at Kohinoor hospital, attributes this to the lack of space in the huge Indian families.
“Most Indian families have no room for a dining table.” Moreover, nobody has the time to actually sit down on the table and devote time to the meal in this fast paced world. He explains that when one eats on the bed, there are chances of the food entering the wind pipe which could lead to asphyxiation.
He adds, “Also, eating in bed makes you fat. Also it could lead to a situation called regurgitation - wherein the food doesn’t reach the stomach and causes a burning sensation in the chest.”
Here’s what some celebs have to say:
Ishq Bector, singer, rapper
All the efforts that go into preparing a meal deserve a little more attention and respect. I pray before eating to thank the universe for all the people involved in getting that food on my plate! As any fitness enthusiast would say, one tends to over eat while watching TV or talking on the phone. Eating regularly in bed is unhygienic and messy.
Manish Paul , actor
If and when I am at home, breakfast is at the dining table always, but the other two meals are usually on the bed as that’s the only time I get to catch up on what’s happening around the world. The rest of the time is for the family! Sorry docs!!
Rituparna Sen Gupta, actress
Well we all do eat food in bed many times over, I’ve had such mornings too, there are times am shooting really late at night that even after waking up I don’t feel like getting out of bed so the bed tray with my breakfast comes in cornflakes and some fruits with juice or coffee to wake me up. I try not to eat stuff like lunch and dinner in bed ever as it could be messy. I am pretty much a dining table person but yes there are some day when I get extremely lazy especially after long shooting schedules. However, I do not recommemd eating in bed.
Khushboo Grewal, TV actress
I am totally against eating in bed. I like my meals to be well spread out on the dining table with fresh chapatis coming in, but yes living in a fast paced city like Mumbai where people usually live alone, one is likely to not bother about setting up a spread for her /him self. And inevitably tends to carry the food into the bedroom while watching the TV.
But I totally avoid this for the simple reason that I consider taking food on the bed really sloppy. The smell of the spices in the room really gets to me. As a kid my parents ensured that the whole family sits on the dining table to eat. But now I sometimes do land up eating in bed, even though it’s a rare thing. Dining table eating is a thumbs up for me anytime and that’s where you would find me mostly.



(Photo Courtesy: Blogspot.com)


No comments: