Wednesday 19 September 2012

What's your luxury moment?

What's your luxury moment?





Life in a big city can be stressful for women managing careers, home and sometimes marriage as well. Everyone needs luxury moments during the day when they can really nourish and pamper themselves so that they have the necessary incentive to get through another day.
Celebrities are no different and each has their own unique way of calling the day their own. Aarti Surendranath, ad film producer, whose world revolves around her children when she’s not working, has found that nothing works as well as a massage to get her up and going.
“There was a time a few years ago when I couldn’t get out of bed without amassage. I used to have a maalishwali, but nowadays there are all these spa treatments available which are quite wonderful.” Aarti adds that the secret to a great massage for her is not the oils or the type of massage being given, but in the skill of the masseur administering it.
Achala Sachdev, choreographer was recently in Goa attending a spiritual seminar on Shiv Yoga, which is a faith that she implicitly believes in. Achala truly believes that every moment of the day can be wonderful.
“Whether it’s a great meal, a spa treatment, listening to music, talking to friends, reading a good book, these are all luxury moments that I use on a daily basis. But really the biggest moments for me are when I take out time to sit and meditate. I generally like to meditate for an hour if possible, but if I’m in a hurry due to some pressing engagement, even 10-15 minutes works well,” she says.
Actress Dipannita Sharma is invariably busy shooting for her films when she’s not managing home and family. For her the biggest treat is one that comes in the midst of hectic work schedules. “My deeply luxurious moments happen when I’m returning home from work, being driven in my car and listening to the music I most love on my iPod. That’s an absolutely wonderful time for me though it is extremely rare. There are always phone calls on the mobile and issues to be handled, but when it happens undisturbed, it’s bliss,” says Sharma.


No comments: